Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm listening

The remainder of the presentations were just as good as the other half, but I must say that garage band stole the show. I swear if I had that program on my computer that I would be playing with it all the time. I am such a techno geek that I would just sit and explore every possible option until I understood the whole thing. However I barely have time to sit and read a book so thats not going to happen anytime soon. In reality I can see this happening over and over again as new fun programs and gadgets come out; and the truth of the matter is that my future students will most likely know these programs better. When I hit that point I am going to have to take it in stride and let my students teach me about something that I don't know. Much like I am sure I have taught many of my teachers little things about technology. The next generation, in fact the ones are due to start school shortly, they will be more technologically rich from having growing up in an environment where technology is everywhere from phones to microwaves. I just want to say that I remember phones that didn't need electricity to run, ones that didn't have push buttons or light-up screens. While on today's side of things there are some kids might not even have a home phone. I grew at the birth of the internet, students know are fully computer literate and savy beyond what I was at their age.

Wow, wow, I digress. The truth of the matter is Garage band=awesome tons of fun, and I can see numerous options and uses for it in a classroom. End of story, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment