Monday, March 1, 2010

Rip and burn part two

The second half of this rather lengthy lecture was far more interesting to me than the previous half. I think the reasoning for this was because the material in the second half was more relevant to me and my life. Not to say that the great beta-max controversy didn't have an affect on my life or the shape of the future i currently find myself in; because it did and still does have an affect on how easily I can receive and transmit information and media. For example had things not turned out the way they did then there would be a very good chance that not only would i not have the opportunity to blog but i highly doubt i would enrolled in a new media in the classroom course.

The shift from CD's to a more internet centered media spectrum has literally re-written the way the music is distributed and listened to. I think the really exciting thing as that I was alive and actively part of this transition. I clearly remember the first days of napster and ipods when they were a rare occurrence. And now everybody and their 5 year old cousin has an ipod and the skills to buy music and put them on their media device, which most likely is some sort of ipod.

The truth of the matter that media is becoming more and more a part of our culture and classroom; and maybe instead of just blindly using technology we can enlighten our students to be more aware and consciousness of where all this technology came from and how it is now available to us. I feel that more and more today students don't know the background of what they doing/learning and so-on. People along with students have no idea what has happened or transpired in order for things to occur presently

No comments:

Post a Comment